Earth Questions


QIs the world realy going to end in 2012?

Does the world really going to end in 2012 ?
I've heard all this stuff about how the Planet X will collides with the earth and stuff. . .
truee isit ?

Oh, and the London 2012 Olympic Games are in = )

12 answers

This question still have no answer summary yet.
#1LouraneAnswered at 2013-01-13 23:58:23
This whole story is a disinformation campaign from NASA ! It all started when Dr. Robert Harrington of the U.S. Naval Observatory has some theories about the likely existence of Planet X. Some years later , he went on an expedition to New Zealand from which he believes is the best place to watch it. After several months of research and observation , mysteriously died of cancer shortly before announcing the results. All history died with him , and if you look official information about Dr. Harrington , the statement that he had already ruled out the possibility that this planet a few years before shipping . After some years , in 1997 , has increased a comet which became famous as the Great Comet of 1997, the Hale - Bopp . Many people believe that this comet was on a collision course with our planet , and even for some time space observatories were concerned , because I really got very close to Earth . In fact , I've been here three months ago , the possibility of a direct collision would be great. Many comments were made on the kite , and even mysterious about the lack of official information and photos of the space agencies concerning him , many other independent and amateur astronomers began to comment on his. One independent astronomers photographed what appeared to be a
#2MarsiaAnswered at 2013-03-05 23:01:17
Winter solstice 2012 is just the manifestation of the " antichrist " or " man of perdition " in the middle of what Christians call the Tribulation 7 years ( just subtract 1260 days to get the start and add 1260 days to arrive at the end ) . Satanists and many pagan cultures from every corner of the world throughout history have celebrated this like the Sumerians, Babylonians , Cherokee , Hopi , Chinese I- Ching (confirmed by Terence McKenna ) , Mayans ( Pacal Votan ; Chilam Balam of Tizimin Mani , Chumayel ; Jaguar Prophet ) , Egyptians , Celts , etc. This evil event is called
#3CennieAnswered at 2013-04-05 06:59:18
There is no scientific evidence That the world will end in 2012! but you never know it might .
However This question Should be in the religion section .
#4SusannaAnswered at 2013-04-15 09:53:31
no one knows when the world will end , but I hope it's not before the Pittsburgh Steelers kill the Arizona Cardinals . If the world ends before the Super Bowl then I lost my money buying a new television .
#5Cecilia (Again)Answered at 2013-05-08 22:38:11
lol . is the
#6SameerAnswered at 2013-05-15 07:29:17
nobody knows when the world is going to end you can not believe everything you hear just because it sounds good . I know that scientists are doing there job when given the predictions. Only God knows the world is coming to an end. there are plenty of things that God has told us in the Bible. so when you have to sit and waite .
#7KhylishaAnswered at 2013-06-23 20:18:15
No, but if people keep asking this same question 20 times a day I may start praying for it to end a lot sooner.
#8barrieAnswered at 2013-07-06 00:39:12
No the world will NOT end in 2012. In stead there will be a large number of natural disasters triggered by the polar shift caused by planet x being too close to the earth. A polar shift has been proved possible by scientists. Just go to Google and type in something like planet x.
#9AnonymousAnswered at 2013-07-12 15:48:24
no.
#10crhisAnswered at 2013-11-26 11:19:08
no i don't think so. I don't think it will end anytime soon or in our lifetime.
#11kennethAnswered at 2013-12-06 19:39:38
no

We know that planet X was invented by a group associated with Nancy Lieder, who claims to have had messages about it from aliens living on a planet around the star Zeta Reticuli.

The group used Planet X to "predict" the end-of-the-world of 2003. They had a book out on why Planet X was going to cause the end-of-the-world and on how to survive the end-of-the-world.

Apparently, some of us managed to survive 2003 without even buying their book.

Shame, isn't it (at least, that is what their accountant said).

So they published a new version, changed the date to 2012, added features from other fictitious bodies (like Nibiru and Nemesis). They even made fake "documentaries" for television and YouTube.

Their marketing is much better for 2012 than it was for 2003.

But it is still fake.

Even the aliens around Zeta Reticuli;
fake.

---

The next asteroid big enough to cause damage is not due until 2048. It is called 2007 VK184. It has "only" a 99.97% chance of missing us. Some people are worried about the 0.03% (and that is why we will get more observations in order to calculate a more precise orbit)

Asteroids coming in 2012:

2008 JD33
close pass on 18 February 2012 (8 m across = 25 feet)
1 chance in 20 million of hitting; 99.999995% of missing.

2008 VB4
close pass on 11 August 2012 (8 m across = 25 feet)
1 chance in 285,700,000 of hitting, that means it has 99.9999997% chance of missing.

2008 EM68
This one passes close to Earth very often. In 2012 there are two passes listed, both in September (6 and 11), each one showing 1 chance in 66 million of hitting. It measures 10 m across (33 feet)

2008 VL
28 October 2012. Size = 8 m (25 feet)
1 chance in 1.5 BILLION of hitting.


Asteroid 10 m or less would probably burn up before reaching the ground, but, if it is particularly hard, it could make it to the ground and damage a house (yes, it could kill a person with a direct hit).

---

2008 VS54
three close passes in 2012 (one in Feb. two in Nov.)
1 chance in 70 million of hitting. size = 48 m (157 feet)

2005 TM173
16 Dec. 2012 (getting close to "the" date!)
1 chance in 384 million; size = 51 m (167 feet)


2006 FW33
close pass on 2 Nov. 2012 (79 m = 260 feet)
1 chance in 222,000,000 of hitting; 99.9999996% of missing.

These are big enough to damage a city block or a small village
(IF they hit, of course)

---

That's it. That is the whole list.

If we are able to find these small things (8 metres across) more than 4 years before they arrive, don't you think we would have found a whole planet (10,000,000 m across) by now?

Planet X simply does not exist.
#12ValentinaAnswered at 2013-12-31 23:48:41
I have doubts about conspiracies, but apparently on 2039 (I think) a meteor comes dangerously close to Earth and may strike it, but its not large enough to 'destroy' all of humanity, but definitely shake it up a bit.
Anonymous Sign In Sign Up
Add Answer of
Is the world realy going to end in 2012?

Did this answer your question? If not, ask a new question.

Related Answers